LCSL is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the number B1083145
The purpose of this notice is to explain how we collect, process and retain personal data.
Further information may be requested from The Data controller: Lisa Preuveneers
How do we collect personal information?
We collect information and data:
- Directly from you at the point of your initial enquiry or instructions
- From information – in the public domain and from third parties – that is directly related to your provision of legal services
- From additional enquires necessary to provide continuing professional education (CPE), marketing services and ancillary services to support the provision of notarial service
How do we use personal information?
We will only process personal data in accordance with the 8 principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for the following purposes:
- To respond to your queries, requests and other communications;
- To provide continuing professional education (CPE), marketing services and ancillary services to support the provision of notarial service
Who do we share your personal information with?
Your personal data will only be shared with third parties if we have a statutory duty to disclose it for legal reasons.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is securely stored within the United Kingdom
Retention of your information
Your personal data is stored for five years or for two years following the termination of any ongoing instructions.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Accessing and updating
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us. A charge or fee may be requested in accordance with the guidelines set by the ICO.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites; if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Any future changes to this Policy will be posted to the site and, where appropriate, through e-mail notification.