In 2004, the government of the day bowed to public pressure and, as part of certain visa applications, introduced a compulsory English language test. Who could be relied upon to administer such a test at very short notice? The notarial profession that’s who! Notaries held a monopoly (for just one year) over the legal requirement to prove– that an applicant had a sufficient command of the English language.
THEN: The MyNotary Network was established to help the public find Notaries across England and Wales willing and able to conduct the test. We provided a template test and guidance as to how to administer it. At the time, not many notaries had websites, so we set up an online directory listing those notaries willing and able to conduct the test. We added individual websites for members; this helped increase the internet presence of all members.
NOW: We still assist notaries to be found and chosen by potential clients, however, we offer so much more….
- We keep your member website and/or listing compliant with the ever-changing regulations
- Client-facing background information relating to the Blog topics posted at mynotary.co.uk
- Members receive regular copies of The MyNotaryINFORMER and MyNotaryBlogPLUS
- The annual requirement of 3 hours non-accredited CPE is included with both Associate and Premium Plus memberships
- We can provide assistance with regulation and compliance matters
- We can advise on business development, back-office efficiency, and the business of being a notary generally.
- Discounts on accredited Continuous Professional Education and special events