CPE – The Continuing Professional Education topics for 2019 are presented:
- As boardroom-style seminars; up to 12 delegates. Attend the morning or afternoon session or stay all-day
- Distance learning: delivered by email or in hard copy through the post.
- Workshop learning at our London SW1 studio; the maximum number of delegates is 4.
- A review of the role and nature of notarial certificates and some drafting suggestions for unusual transactions.
- For notaries to be reminded of, and how to fulfil, their obligation to advise clients as to the possible need for legalisation; and whether the country concerned would normally require legalisation of the notary’s signature and seal.
Drafting Notarial Certificates for Unusual Documents
- The Notarial Certificate
- Preparing the notarial certificate
- Example scenarios and some sample texts
Legalisation and Document Presentation
- The notary’s obligation
- The notary’s service options
- Why are some documents rejected for FCO legalisation?
- Academic certificates
- Preparing documents for consular legalisation, China, UAE
- Using legalisation agents
Detailed written notes are provided to take away
- For notaries to be refreshed and updated with the profession’s latest news, governing rules and regulations, practical record keeping strategies and to understand the role of being a notarial supervisor.
- This programme now includes ‘How to Develop a Risk Assessment Policy’.
Detailed written notes are provided; topics for discussion include:
NOTARIES NOW: Introduction
- Faculty Office Reports for Notaries
- The Code of Practice
- Faculty Office; Public-Facing Notices
- Notarial Inspections
- Practical Compliance Suggestions:
- The Supervision of Newly Qualified Notaries
- Risk Assessment
- The Bigger Picture
- An independent review of legal service regulation
- “Now is not the time to rewrite Legal Services Act” says Law Society
- Author’s Editorial Comment
- Legal Choices: Advice for Consumers
- Transparency and (even more) Feedback