“Drafting Agreements and Notarial Certificates for Unusual Documents
Legalisation and Document Presentation” three hours’ accreditation
- Boardroom-style seminar; up to 12 delegates.
- Distance learning format.
- Workshop learning at our London SW1 studio; the maximum number of delegates is 4.
- A review of the role and nature of notarial certificates and some drafting suggestions for unusual transactions.
- For notaries to be reminded of, and how to fulfil, their obligation to advise clients as to the possible need for legalisation; and whether the country concerned would normally require legalisation of the notary’s signature and seal.
Drafting Notarial Certificates for Unusual Documents
- The Notarial Certificate
- Preparing the notarial certificate
- Example scenarios and some sample texts
Legalisation and Document Presentation
- The notary’s obligation
- The notary’s service options
- Why are some documents rejected for FCO legalisation?
- Academic certificates
- Preparing documents for consular legalisation, China, UAE
- Using legalisation agents
Detailed written notes are provided to take away
“Notaries Now: Reports, Rules, Regulations, Record Keeping and Being a Supervisor” three hours’ accreditation
- Boardroom-style seminar; up to 12 delegates
- Distance learning format.
- Workshop learning at our London SW1 studio; the maximum number of delegates is 4
For notaries to be refreshed and updated with the profession’s latest news, governing rules and regulations, practical record keeping strategies and to understand the role of being a notarial supervisor –
This programme now includes ‘How to Develop a Risk Assessment Policy’.
NOTARIES NOW: Introduction
Faculty Office Reports for Notaries
· Faculty Office Annual Address to the Notaries Society | Diversity in the Notarial Profession
Notaries Assurance Policy (Risk Assessment and Supervision)
· Whistleblowing Policy | Practice Authorisation: response to the recent consultation
· Master of the Faculties – Priorities for 2019 | Proposed Changes to the Rules
The Code of Practice
· Record Keeping and File Storage (Chapter 17) | Trust in the Office of a Notary (Chapter 5) – record keeping
Faculty Office; Public-Facing Notices
· Complaints and Discipline & Feedback
· The Inspection Criteria & Inspectors’ report for 2018
Practical Compliance Suggestions
· Client-facing documents | NEW MyNotary Matter Instruction Slip
The Supervision of Newly Qualified Notaries
· Why do it? | The Regulations | Proposed changes | Code of Practice; chapter 18: Supervision
· How to develop a written policy |Sample Risk Assessment Statement
· The Bigger Picture
· Lord Keen: “Room to review” legal regulation regime | An independent review of legal service regulation
· Now is not the time to rewrite Legal Services Act, says Law Society | Author’s Editorial Comment
· Legal Choices: Advice for Consumers
· Transparency and (even more) Feedback